Presented by: Kristi Wees, M.S. Chem
In honor of Mitochondrial Disease Awareness week (September 17-23), we will be discussing the impact that Mitochondrial Disease and Dysfunction can have on Autism Spectrum Disorders. Topics to be discussed include:
- What are mitochondria and where are they found
- How can poorly functioning mitochondria impact behavior
- Nutrients that are crucial for optimal mitochondrial function
- Toxins that negatively impact mitochondria
- Testing for mitochondrial issues
Most importantly the presentation will leave individuals, parents and professionals with information, awareness and action steps to determine if Mitochondrial concerns, co-occurring with Autism, may be something that needs to be investigated further for themselves or their child.